Black Eyed Pea Salad
A quick, easy and healthy salad dish by Sapna Anand from Fast Indian Cooking with Sapna
- 20 minutes
- 5 servings
- 2 cups black eyed pea (soaked overnight)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tomato
- ½ of red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 pomegranate (save some for garnish)
- Handful coriander leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt for seasoning
- Crushed black pepper
- Rinse the overnight-soaked black eyed peas and boil in a pot of lightly salted water for 10 - 20 minutes, until fully cooked but firm.
- Remove pulp and seeds from tomato. Then proceed to chop onion, tomato and bell pepper to an even size.
- Finely chop a handful of coriander.
- In a bowl, combine black eyed peas, onion, tomato, bell pepper, pomegranate and coriander.
- Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Stir gently to combine.
Share it with your friends.