Black Sugar Stuffed Lotus Root
Sweeten up your meals with this yummy Chinese dessert.
- 10 minutes
- 4 hours 10 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 Lotus Root - washed and peeled
- 80 grams Glutinous Rice - soaked for 2 hours then drain.
- 100 grams Brown Sugar
- Enough water to cover the lotus root in a pot
- Cut 1 inch from one end of the lotus root and save this part as a “lid”.
- Carefully stuff all tubes of the lotus root with soaked glutinous rice, using a chopstick to push the rice in.
- After you have stuffed the lotus root, use 4 toothpicks or bamboo skewers to fasten the “lid” to the lotus root.
- In a pot of boiling water, stir in the brown sugar until it has dissolved.
- Add lotus root into the pot, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Flip the lotus root. The braising should be done at low heat for about 4 hours.
- Remove lotus root from pot and let it cool on a chopping board.
- Slice lotus root to even 0.8cm slices and place it on a serving plate.
- Pour some brown sugar syrup on top and it’s ready to serve.
Share it with your friends.