Get this quick and easy tomato juice recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- Prosciutto Rim:
- 3 slices of prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) smoked salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) peppercorns
- Lettuce Ice Cubes:
- 1 iceberg lettuce head
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice
- Green Tabasco, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- ¼ cup (125 ml) of vodka
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml), horseradish
- Lemon wedges
- For the Prosciutto Rim:
- Preheat oven at 350°F (180°C).
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, place the slices of prosciutto, cover with another sheet of parchment paper and another baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Using a spice grinder, reduce prosciutto to powder with Smoked salt and peppercorns.
- For the Lettuce Ice Cubes:
- Cut the lettuce head in 3 parts. Blanch lettuce leaves in salted boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove, drain and place in a bowl containing icy cold water, then drain. Using a blender, reduce into puree with lemon juice and a dash of Green Tabasco.
- Add a little bit of water if too thick. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into ice cube tray. Freeze for 2 hours or until ready to use.
- For Serving:
- Rim 4 glasses with lemon juice and the prosciutto mixture. Drop 3 lettuce ice cubes in the bottom of the glass.
- Fill glasses with 1/4 cup of Vodka, then with tomato juice. Add a dash of Tabasco & Worcestershire sauce.
- For the garnish:
- Garnish with freshly grated horseradish and lemon wedges.
Share it with your friends.