Try this easy dessert recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 200 grams of plain flour
- 100 grams butter, chopped
- 1 tbs. caster sugar
- 2 tbs. cold water
- Pinch of salt
- 250-300 grams blueberries
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon kirsch (optional)
- 120 millilitres double cream or thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam, melted
- For the dough, place flour, butter, 1 tbs. sugar and salt into a food processor. Blitz until the mixture is crumb-like. Add the water and pulse so the dough just starts to come together.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times until it forms a ball. Press the dough gently into a flat disc and wrap in plastic film. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Grease a 26cm tart tin.
- Roll out the dough to make a circle to fit the tart tin and cut away the excess dough on the edge. Prick the dough with a fork and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C
- Scatter the blueberries all over the dough and sprinkle on almond meal bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime beat the eggs with the sugar add the cream, vanilla essence and kirsch and mix well until smooth.
- Remove the tart from the oven and turn the heat down to 180C. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the tart. Return to the oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes. Brush the tart with some melted apricot jam.
Share it with your friends.