Try this quick and easy stir-fry bamboo shoot recipe by Bruce Lim from Tablescapes.
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
- ½ kilogram Bacon
- 2 Bamboo shoots
- 1 kilogram Shrimps
- ½ kilogram Oxtail
- 1 bunch Malunggay leaves
- 2 cups Coconut cream
- 4 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1 sliced Onion
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Turn your pot on, then cut the bacon into rough rustic cut put inside pot and leave it until the fat will come out
- Cut the bamboo shoots into thick slices, if you don't have fresh bamboo shoots you can use canned bamboo shoots
- When the bacon turns brown add onions, garlic and labong, make sure that all the bamboo shoots are covered with oil so that you don't need to add oil to the pot
- Then add the fresh coconut cream if you don't have fresh you can use canned
- If you see it simmer around the edges add your shrimp with the shells on because it adds flavor then add pre-cooked oxtail
- Simmer for 2 minutes just to make sure that the shrimp is cooked and the oxtail is warmed up
- After 2 minutes if you see the shrimp turned orange you may add the malunggay leaves then mix it
- Season with salt and pepper then taste it and all you can say is, this dish is a damn good!
Share it with your friends.