Braised Beef Cannelloni with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Enjoy this simply delicious beef recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 3 hours 30 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 750 grams beef blade, cooked, chopped finely
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch chives, chopped
- 250 grams mozzarella, grated
- ¼ cup parmesan grated
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 packet Large cannelloni, blanched
- Mushroom Cream Sauce:
- 1 knob butter
- ½ onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1-2 cups mushroom sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain flour (same amount as butter)
- 2 cups cooking liquid - Saved from cooking the beef (or 2 cups of stock)
- 150 millilitres cream
- Pasta - Cannelloni:
- Simmer Beef for 2 hours with onions, garlic, wine, stock, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper until very tender - Keep liquid for Sauce. Finely chop the beef
- Mix parsley, chives, mozzarella, eggs and salt and pepper with beef and stuff meat into the cannelloni tubes.
- Sweat onion, garlic and mushrooms in a hot pot with butter. Season and then add flour and stir of whisk. Add the cooking liquid or stock and stir. Add cream to thicken tha sauce, and stir well.
- Cover pasta shells in sauce Bake 180 C for 45 mins – 1 hour until golden.
Serve with parsley & cheese
TIP - cook me the meat the day beforehand
Share it with your friends.