Braised Leeks with Hazelnuts
Savor this quick and easy leeks recipe from Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Gordon's Ultimate Home Cooking
- Olive oil, for frying
- 4 Leeks, white parts only, cut into pieces 4–5cm long
- 2–3 Garlic cloves, bashed
- 3 Thyme sprigs
- Knob of Butter
- 150 millilitres White wine
- 50 grams blanched Hazelnuts, toasted and roughly crushed or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- Place a heavy-based sauté pan over a medium heat and add a dash of oil. When hot, add the leeks and some seasoning, then cook for 3–4 minutes, turning frequently, until they are a rich golden colour on at least two sides
- Add the garlic, thyme and butter. Once the butter has melted, add the wine and bring to the boil. Partially cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer gently for 12–15 minutes, until the leeks are tender but still holding their shape. If there is a lot of liquid, remove the lid for the last 5 minutes of cooking time in order to reduce it.
- Transfer the braised leeks to a serving dish, sprinkle with the hazelnuts and parsley, and pour any cooking juices over the top
Share it with your friends.