Braised Lion's Head
Try out this simple yet delicious Chinese meatball recipe.
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 4 servings
- Meatball ingredients:
- 450 grams Ground chicken
- 2 stalks Spring onion, sliced finely
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Corn-starch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Broth ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 6 pieces Shiitake mushroom
- 200 grams Chinese cabbage, sliced at 1cm thickness
- 400 millilitres Chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Shallot oil
- Combine all the ingredients and shape into 4 equal-sized balls.
- In a heated wok, add oil and fry the meatballs until golden brown all around.
- In a clay pot, heat up shallot oil and sauté garlic.
- Add in mushrooms, cabbage, soy sauce and sugar. Stir the ingredients together for about 2 minutes.
- Next add in chicken stock.
- When the broth begins boiling, arrange the meatballs on top of the vegetable mix.
- Cover clay pot with the lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Share it with your friends.