Braised Meat Rice
Try out this simple yet tasty Taiwanese rice dish.
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 2 servings
- 400 grams Boneless chicken leg, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dried shrimp - soaked for 30 minutes and chopped
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 2 Star anise
- 40 grams Rock sugar
- 90 millilitres Hot water
- 3 Hard-boiled eggs
- Pinch of five spice powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable cooking oil
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil and fry shallot, garlic, and dried shrimp till fragrant. Next add in the chicken and continue stir frying until lightly brown.
- Add in oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, and five spice powder. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Next goes in the hot water, rock sugar and hard boiled eggs. Cover the lid and and braise for 30 minutes.
- Once done, slice the eggs in half and serve it over a bowl of rice.
Share it with your friends.