Braised Sausages With Caramelized Onions
Try this quick and easy recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking For Love.
- 15 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 6 servings
- 2 kilograms German-style beef/veal/chicken sausages
- 2 kilograms yellow onions (sliced)
- ¼ block butter
- 2 litres beef stock
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bread rolls
- On medium high heat, sear the sausages in a pan. Once a nice brown colour is achieved, flip over and continue cooking until the same colour is achieved. Remove sausages from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter to the same pan and let it melt, making sure not to let it brown.
- Add onions to the pan. Stir often and allow to brown. When onions are starting to dry out, add 2 tablespoons of water and stir vigorously, making sure to scrape of the bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times until onions are caramelised and a deep mahogany colour is achieved.
- Add sausages in a single layer on the caramelised onions, and top up with beef stock until it covers half the height of the sausages.
- Turn the heat to low and leave to simmer for 10 minutes, until sausages are cooked through.
- Serve with bread rolls.
Share it with your friends.