Breakfast Bagel Bruschetta with Pumpkin Hummus and Salsa
Try out this quick and healthy breakfast recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 15 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 4 Multigrain bagels cut into halves, toasted
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 block haloumi, cut into slices
- Fresh basil leaves, torn (or chopped mint)
- Pomegranate seeds, optional
- ¼ cup almond, chopped roughly
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the hummus, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, adding extra liquid until smooth consistency is reached.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium-high heat, cook haloumi on each side until golden, set aside on paper towel if cooking in batches.
- To make to salsa, mix the basil leaves, pomegranate seeds, almonds, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- To assemble, take a slice of bruschetta, spread with roast pumpkin hummus, top with haloumi cheese and a good dollop of the salsa.
Share it with your friends.