Try this quick and easy broccoli fritatta recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Chef Michael's Kitchen
- 8 slices of thick cut Bacon, chopped
- A splash of Water
- 12 Eggs
- 1 bunch of Broccoli, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 1½ cups of your favourite Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup of Milk
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and turn on your convection oven if you have one
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cheese and salt together and set aside
- Trim the broccoli, toss it with 2 tablespoons of water and place in large plastic container, cover it and microwave it on high until tender, about 2 minutes
- Alternatively steam it on the stovetop.
- Toss the bacon and a splash of water into a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir frequently with a wooden spoon
- As the water simmers the bacon will begin to cook
- Then as the water evaporates the bacon will render, releasing its fat
- Lastly it will crisp as the fat left behind heats past the boiling point of water into the brown flavour zone
- Strain the crisp bacon and stir it into the eggs along with the cooked broccoli
- Leave some of the rendered bacon fat in the pan and discard or reserve the rest for another use.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hot pan. Stir the mixture until large curds form and roughly half of the mixture seems set, 3 minutes or so
- Stop stirring but let the pan stay on the heat helping the bottom crust form and se, a minute or so
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake until lightly browned, cooked and firm, about 15 minutes
- Carefully flip onto a plate, divide and share
Share it with your friends.