Brown Butter Shrimp Scampi
Get this quick and easy brown butter shrimp scampi recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- Stir Frying
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 1 serving
As seen on Chef Michael's Kitchen
- 454 grams bag of frozen Shrimp, 16-20 count
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 4 cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon of Red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup of Vermouth
- ½ cup of Heavy whipping cream
- 500 grams package of your favourite Pasta
- 2 pints of Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 283 grams package of Baby spinach
- A pinch of Salt
- A dash of Pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook according to the package instructions, then drain, carefully reserving a half cup or so of the hot cooking water
- Meanwhile match a large saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Place it over medium heat, add the butter and begin heating and melting it. Keep a close eye on it as it foams. Swirl it gently, paying attention to the colour. When it turns golden brown and smells delicious its ready
- Add the sliced garlic to cool the butter slightly and stop the browning process, continue cooking for just a minute or so longer
- Add the red pepper flakes and shrimp and sauté for a minute or so, just to heat the works through. Splash in the vermouth, cover and reduce the heat to maintain a slow simmer until the shrimp finishes cooking, about 3 or 4 minutes. Stir in the cream and rest until the pasta is ready
- Combine the cooked pasta, the reserved cooking water and the shrimp mixture. Pile in the cherry tomatoes and handfuls of the baby spinach, season with salt and pepper and stir together until the spinach wilts. Dinner is ready, serve and share!
Share it with your friends.