Brown Sugar Bread Pudding
Get this quick and easy brown sugar bread pudding recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- 10 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Chef Michael's Kitchen
- For the Bread Pudding:
- 1 loaf of any leftover Bread, cubed
- 3 cups of Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup of Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 whole Nutmeg, grated
- ¼ cup of Demerara or any other coarse Brown sugar
- For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup of Whipping cream
- ¼ cup of any Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon or so of Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and turn on your convection fan if you have one
- Make the pudding custard by whisking together the milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Soak the bread cubes in the custard mixture for a few minutes until the bread has fully absorbed the mixture
- Pack the mixture into a lightly oiled, 9-inch square, baking pan. Sprinkle on the coarse sugar. Bake until the pudding is firm and set, about an hour
- Whip the cream with the brown sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Serve over spoonfuls of warm brown sugar pudding and share
Share it with your friends.