Buckwheat Crepes with 'Chocolate Sauce' and Blueberries
Treat yourself to this quick and easy pancake recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 25 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 2½ cups buckwheat flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2-3 cups soy, coconut, quinoa or almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 200 grams dark chocolate cut into small pieces
- 200 millilitres coconut milk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Coconut yoghurt
- 1 Punnet Fresh blueberries or raspberries
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, salt and coconut in a bowl with the beat together the eggs, oil and a little milk. Whisk, and slowly add more milk until the mixture becomes a smooth batter. You want it fairly thin, like pouring cream.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and add the oil, just a little.
- You can use a spray or a paper towel to reduce the amount of oil you use. Pour in the batter – about 1/2 cup, then swirl the pan so that the batter is even.
- Turn crepe when bubbles appear on the surface, about 1 minute, depending on the thickness and heat you have, then cook on the other side until golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To make the sauce, melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot with boiling water. Take the chocolate off the heat and add yoghurt and vanilla, and stir until combined. Keep warm.
- To serve, pour the sauce over the crepe, leaving about 3 cm free around the edge. Top with berries. Fold into quarters or roll up and serve.
Share it with your friends.