Enjoy this quick and easy Filipino buffalo stew recipe from The Amazing Food Challenge 3: Fun In The Philippines.
- 15 minutes
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 - 6 servings
- 1 kilogram Carabao [Buffalo] meat
- 50 grams Ginger root, smashed with the side of your knife.
- 200 grams Onions, cut in quarters.
- 1 litre Water
- 50 grams Atsuete, annatto seeds
- 100 grams Peanut sauce
- Salt to taste
- Bird’s eye chilli
- In a stock pot add carabao meat, ginger onions and water and bring to a boil. Quickly lower the heat and simmer for about 1hr- 1.5 hrs until meat is tender
- In a small bowl add some carabao broth in with atsuete. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Strain and disregard the seeds from liquid and add the strained broth to the rest of the carabao stock This will give it an orange tint
- Add peanut sauce, season with salt, and mix well
- Serve hot with a side of Chilli and calamansi
Share it with your friends.