Butter Crab with Tamarind
Enjoy this quick and easy seafood recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- Stir Frying
- 25 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 3 servings
- ½ kilogram Flower crab
- 40 grams Butter
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 Bird’s eyes chilli, crushed
- 50 grams Tamarind, mixed with 4 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon Corn starch
- 1 sachet Creamer
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Then thoroughly clean and cut the crab into quarters, slightly crack the claws
- In a pan, sauté the butter, garlic and bird’s eye chillies until golden and fragrant
- Mix the tamarind with 4 tablespoon of water until nicely combined
- Sprinkle the corn starch over the crab
- Next, add the crab to the melted butter mixture and toss together with the tamarind as well as the creamer and sugar until well mixed
- Then, place in the oven to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, plate crab onto a plate with a generous serving of the sauce on top
- Serve with steamed rice
Share it with your friends.