Buttermilk Stir Fried Kai Lan
Get this quick and easy Malaysian vegetarian recipe by Sherson Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- Stir Frying
- 15 minutes
- 35 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 1 pack Kai Lan (stem peeled)
- 10 cloves Garlic (chopped chunky)
- 1 handful Curry Leaves
- 3 Chilli Padi (red)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons Cream
- Slice from the top of the Kai Lan leafs to half way, leaving half of the leafy part and the stem.
- Deep fry the thinly sliced leafs in hot oil till crisp. Season and use as garnish.
- For the rest of the Kai Lan, blanch and shock in ice water.
- Strain, make sure its dry.
- Heat up a wok with 1 tablespoon of oil, add in the Kai Lan and stir fry for a minute, to dry it up. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil and sauté garlic till nice golden brown.
- Add in the curry leaves and Chilli padi.
- When fragrant add in the butter and cream.
- Gravy should be nice and thick, add in the Kai Lan.
- Season and stir fry, serve.
Share it with your friends.