Cambodian Peppered Steak with a Warm Potato Salad
Enjoy a delicious steak by Colin Magee from Everyday Gourmet
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 2 x 200 grams fillet steak
- 2 table crushed kampot peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pancetta lardons
- 4 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- 8 kipfler potatoes, peeled, cooked
- 2 teaspoons grated horseradish
- Squeeze lemon
- 1 handful of arugula
- ¼ cup chives, batons
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup chervil
- ¼ cup dill
- ¼ cup edamame beans, blanched and peeled
- ¼ cup watercress
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the peppercorns until finely ground.
- Coat the steak until covered entirely with the ground peppercorns.
- In a hot pan with oil, sear the steak on both sides and then turn the heat down and cook for about 8 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Add the pancetta lardons to the pan a few minutes into the cooking process. Remove the steak from the pan and rest the steak for half the cooking time.
- Mix together the dressing of mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the herbs and arugula. Add the cooked lardons to the bowl.
- Warm the potatoes in a pot of hot water. Drain the potatoes and add to the salad bowl, and combine with the mayonnaise dressing.
- Plate the salad in a ring on the plate, remove the ring and place slices of the steak on top, then sprinkle some of the edamame beans and watercress.
Share it with your friends.