Camembert Filo Parcels
A delicious vegetarian dish by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 80 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 small leeks, trimmed, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cranberries, finely chopped
- 40 grams pine nuts, toasted
- 8 filo pastry sheets
- 200 grams Camembert, sliced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt half the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onions, leeks, thyme and vinegar. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until softened. Remove the lid, season and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until golden and caramelized. Transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter and brush 1 sheet of filo, topping with another sheet, and brushing with more butter. Repeat with remaining sheets until you have 4 stacks of layered filo.
- Add lemon zest, parsley, chives, cranberries and pine nuts to onion mixture. Divide camembert between prepared filo sheets, placing in the centre and top with onion mixture. Fold one side over, then the opposite side over the top. Press together to seal, and repeat with remaining sides to make a parcel. Brush parcel with remaining butter, and sprinkle top of parcel with poppy seeds.
- Place parcels on baking tray and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a mixed leaf salad and lemon wedges.
Share it with your friends.