Munch on this fast and simple snack by Tiffani Thiessen from Dinner at Tiffani's.
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 3 servings
- 3 cups skin-on almonds
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Spread out the almonds in an even layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt together the butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, allspice and salt. Bring to a boil and cook, still boiling, for 1 minute, or until the mixture reaches 190 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Pour over the almonds and let cool completely while the sugar mixture sets. Serve immediately.
- Special equipment:
- A candy thermometer
Share it with your friends.