Caprese Salad Skewers
Try this quick and easy party food recipe from Tia Mowry at Home.
- 20 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 4 - 6 servings
As seen on Tia Mowry At Home
- 3 slices crusty French bread, each ½inch thick, cut into 24 cubes
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 12 Basil leaves
- 12 Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 12 Cigieline Mozzarella balls, sliced in half
Special equipment: 24 small skewers or toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the Parmesan, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Bake until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Slice the basil leaves in half lengthwise. To assemble skewers, thread with a bread cube, piece of basil leaf, tomato half and piece of cheese. Place the finished skewers on a platter. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Share it with your friends.