Indulge in this simply delicious dessert recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 2 hours
- 20 to 30 servings
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 120 grams butter
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 185 grams block dark chocolate
- ¼ cup cream
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a 20 x 30cm tray with baking paper, making sure to cover the sides.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, coconut into a medium bowl, pour in the melted butter and mix together.
- Press the base mixture into the prepared pan and flatten firmly with a spatula. Bake the base for around 15 minutes, until it is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the base is baking prepare the filling.
- Add the condensed milk, butter, golden syrup, vanilla and bourbon (optional) into a small saucepan.Stir over a low heat until the caramel is smooth and thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the cooled caramel over the base and return to the oven for around 15 minutes until the caramel has turned golden brown. Allow the slice to cool completely before spreading over the chocolate topping.
- Melt cream and stir in chocolate.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel and smooth out. Place the slice in the fridge and chill for about 30 minutes until set. Cut into squares with a dry warm knife.
Share it with your friends.