Caramelized Lemon Tart
Enjoy a zesty and citrusy tart by Robert Coco from Everyday Gourmet
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- Chocolate Sable
- 480 grams flour bakers strong
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 320 grams butter
- 190 grams icing sugar
- 75 grams eggs (2 eggs)
- Lemon Cream
- 3 pieces of lemon peel
- 150 grams lemon juice
- 300 grams castor sugar
- 200 grams butter
- 300 grams egg (7-8 eggs)
- Chocolate Sable:
- Beat butter and icing sugar- add the eggs slowly.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder.
- Cover with cling wrap and rest in fridge overnight.
- Roll out Sable dough to 2.5mm thick.
- Line 22cm tart ring and bake blind at 180c for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Lemon Cream:
- Mix sugar and eggs together.
- Melt butter and add to lemon juice.
- Add lemon rind.
- Slowly add lemon juice to egg mix stirring simultaneously.
- Place in stainless steel bowl and cook until thick over a bain marie (85C), for approximately 30 minutes, stirring every 5 min.
- Place in fridge until cool, ideally overnight.
- Add the lemon cream into the chocolate sable, and flatten the surface using a pallet knife. Then allow to set in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Once set, dust generously with caster sugar and using a kitchen blowtorch carefully caramelize the sugar.
- Finish with dusting the edges of the tart with icing sugar.
Share it with your friends.