Carrot Cumin and Orange Salad
Try this quick and easy appetizer recipe from Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking.
- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 5 Carrots, peeled and grated
- Zest and juice of 1 Orange
- 75 grams Pumpkin seeds
- 50 grams Sunflower seeds
- &frac112; teaspoons Cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon runny Honey
- 1 tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons torn Coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons torn Mint leaves
- Sea salt
- Mix the carrots in a bowl with the orange zest and juice, the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Grind the cumin seeds with a little sea salt using a pestle and mortar, then stir them into the carrot mixture
- Combine the mustard, honey, vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Add the mint and coriander leaves, then taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Pour over the salad and toss well. This can be eaten straight away, or will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge
Share it with your friends.