Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup
Try this quick and easy vegetarian recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Simply Special.
- 10 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 kilogram Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500 grams Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large piece (about 5cm) Ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a deep pan and sauté onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric over a medium heat until the onion is translucent
- Add the carrots and potatoes and toss to combine. Next, cover all the ingredients with vegetable or chicken stock or water
- Bring up to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for about 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are soft. Using an immersion blender, whizz everything up till it becomes a thick, velvety soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve
Share it with your friends.