Cauliflower and Arugula Salad
Get this quick and easy cauliflower and arugula salad recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 2 servings
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 cauliflower, cut in small pieces, blanched
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons good quality red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, saute the bacon for 5 minutes, stirring often until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel and set aside
- Remove excess fat from the pan. Add cauliflower and butter and cook stirring often to coat them with the butter for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add honey and 1 tablespoon of the red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let cauliflower brown, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the Arugula with shallots, the remaining red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, mix the Arugula salad with the cauliflower. Garnish with pine nuts.
Share it with your friends.