Try this quick and easy chap chai recipe by Sherson Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- Stir Frying
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 2 - 3 servings
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 25 pieces dried bean curd skins
- 2 tablespoons fermented bean curd
- 1 tablespoon taucu [Fermented Soy Beans]
- ½ cup water
- 2 shallots
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 300 grams fresh prawn
- 5 pieces fresh Shitake mushroom (soaked in water till soften)
- 1 piece black fungus (soaked in hot water until soft, trim the hard part off)
- ½ long cabbage
- 8 dried chillies
- 15 grams glass noodle (soaked in cold water)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- In a braising pot, deep fry dried bean curd skins over low-medium fire till lightly crispy.
- Leave ½ cup of oil in the pan, and fry shallots and garlic for 2 minutes and add in the fermented bean curd, taucu and water gradually.
- Add soaked black fungus and mushrooms, and let it boil under a lid.
- Add cabbage, fried bean curd skins, prawns, glass noodles and let it steam for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with sugar, light soy sauce and white pepper before serving.
Share it with your friends.