Chargrilled Capsicums with Whipped Ricotta
Capsicums and cheese pair really well in this recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 red, green and yellow capsicum
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tbs. cream cheese
- 500 grams fresh whole milk ricotta (Best to choose a good quality ricotta from an Italian deli)
- 3 tbs. pouring cream
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Salt and white pepper
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 3 sprigs of marjoram, leaves picked
- Place the whole capsicum on an open flame of a gas-stove cooktop, continually turn until they all blackened. Remove and place into a bowl. Covered with cling film. Sweat for 10 minutes. Then peel and remove all seeds from capsicum. Thinly slice and then add the garlic, vinegar, olive oil and marjoram. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, add the cream cheese and blend until smooth. Now add the ricotta and cream and blitz for 1 minute until smooth. Season with salt and pepper add the lemon zest.
- Spread the whipped ricotta in a shallow platter. Add the prosciutto and then the capsicum salad.
Share it with your friends.