Charred Calamari Tacos
Here's a Taco Tuesday idea by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 4 small whole calamari, cleaned, tentacles cut in half and the hood cut into rounds
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tbs. olive oil + ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ bunch of coriander, washed and rough chopped
- 2 tbs. jalapeno in brine + 1 teaspoon of the brine
- 1 lime
- ½ tbs. brown sugar
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sour cream, to garnish
- 6 tortillas
- Combine the calamari, paprika, 2 tbs. oil and salt and combine well will your hands. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a small food processor add the remaining oil, coriander, jalapeno and it’s brine, juice of the lime and the brown sugar. Blitz until a smooth sauce consistency forms.
- Heat a bbq or 2 grill pans over a high heat. Grill the calamari for 1 minute until it is charred all over and remove from the pan.
- Prepare the tortilla as per packet instructions. Spoon a dollop of sour cream in the centre of the tortillas and then add the lettuce, a few tomato halves, followed by the calamari. Drizzle the sauce over the top.
Share it with your friends.