Charred Veggie Salsa
Try this quick and easy vegetarian sauce recipe by Debbie Wong from Kitchen Quickies.
- 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 White onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, unpeeled
- 1-2 Chillies (Thai/ Marisol/ Serrano)
- 2-3 small ripe Tomatoes
- 1-2 teaspoon Cumin, toasted
- Sugar to taste
- Heat a grill or cast iron pan to medium/high heat
- Cut onion in half
- Place tomatoes, ½ onion, chilli, and garlic in pan
- Char veggies until mostly dark brown
- Roughly chop cilantro, peel garlic
- Place cumin in a separate pan and heat over medium until fragrant
- Place charred veggies, cumin and most of cilantro in food processor, process until fine/ slightly chunky
- Taste and adjust with sea salt, lime, sugar (create the perfect balance!)
- Transfer salsa to a bowl and top with remaining cilantro
- Serve with chips, eggs, grilled meat, roasted veggies!
Share it with your friends.