Try this quick and easy cheddar biscuit recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 8 servings
- 3½ cup flour (875 ml)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (15 ml)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne (10 ml)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar (500 ml)
- ⅔ cups cold butter (160 ml), cubed
- 1¾ cup buttermilk (430 ml)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Add butter to flour mixture and crumble together until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Add the grated cheese and give it a good mix.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined. Do not stir too much or it will make your biscuits tough.
- On a lightly flour surface, flatten dough by hand or by rolling pin until about 1/2 " thick - cut with 3" cutter. Keep reforming the dough (Do not overwork) until you use it up.
- Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and brush them with melted butter. Keep warm.
Share it with your friends.