Cheesy Herby Garlic Bread
Enjoy this quick and easy garlic bread recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 35 minutes
- 1 loaf
- 1 crusty loaf, preferably sourdough or Vienna
- 250 kilograms butter, diced, softened
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese (or other melting cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 stp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the softened butter, garlic, parsley, spring onions, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1" diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread to the bottom.
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and smear in the herby garlic butter and press in a fair amount of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don't need to be super neat, it's nice to have some of the butter and cheese oozing over the crust.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
Share it with your friends.