Cheesy Japanese Omelette
Try this quick and easy vegetarian recipe by Sarah Benjamin.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 2 servings
- 5 Eggs
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 large sheet of Nori seaweed, cut into 2 pieces
- 4 slices of Cheese
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the salt, sugar, water and spring onions
- Heat up a roughly 20cm-wide frying pan over a medium-low heat and wipe with some cooking oil on a paper towel. Pour in 1⁄3 of the egg mixture and tilt to spread evenly over the pan Once the egg has started to cook, place one piece of the seaweed on the half of the egg mixture further away from you. Top this with two slices of cheese
- Fold one-third of the omelette away from you, and place the remaining piece of seaweed over this, as well as the remaining two slices of cheese
- Carefully roll the omelette away from you, until you have a nice roll at the end of the pan
- Slide the omelette back towards you, and pour 1⁄3 of the egg mixture into the pan. Tilt to make sure it is spread evenly, and joins the already-rolled omelette. Once the new egg layer is almost cooked through, roll the omelette away again
- Repeat this process one last time, then roll it up into a tight roll, and serve!
Share it with your friends.