Cherry Cola Float
Try this quick and easy cherry cola float recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- 1 litre bottle of coca-cola or similar cola drink
- 2 cups of fresh cherries (500 ml)
- 2 cups of sugar (500 ml)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Vanilla ice cream to garnish
- Pit all cherries, leaving a few whole for garnish.
- In a saucepan, mix the cherries, sugar and water. Bring heat to medium high and stir, slowly reducing the liquid. Skim the surface of the syrup once in a while.
- Once liquid has reached a syrup-like consistency, about 25 minutes, remove from heat. Set aside to cool for 1 hour. Put in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator.
- For serving:
- In a frosted mug, add a scoop of ice cream, pour 1 tablespoon of the cherry mixture and top with coke. Garnish with fresh whole cherries.
- For a drink, remove vanilla ice cream and add a splash of spiced rum.
Share it with your friends.