Cherry Danish Twists
Get this quick and easy cherry danish pastry recipe from Bake With Anna Olson.
- 2 hours
- 30 minutes
- 12 servings
- ½ recipe Danish pastry dough
- ½ cup Cherry jam
- 1 cup pitted Cherries (frozen, thawed or jarred), well-drained
- 2 tablespoons of Water, for brushing
- ½ cup Apricot jam or Apple jelly
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch (30 cm) square and trim the edges. Cut the dough into 12 1-inch (25 mm) strips Twist each strip without stretching it too much and then shape the twist into a spiral. Place each Danish on a parchment-lined baking tray and tuck the end of the spiral underneath each pastry. Cover the tray with a tea towel and leave the pastry to rise for 90 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Stir the cherry jam and well-drained cherries together. Brush each pastry with the eggwash and then drop a tablespoonful of the cherry filling into the centre of each Danish, using the back of your spoon to gently press down the dough in the centre, to hold the filling in place. Bake the Danishes for about 30 minutes, until they are a rich golden brown. Allow the Danishes to cool for 20 minutes on the baking tray
- To glaze the Danishes, melt the apricot jam or jelly in a small saucepot over medium-low heat (if using apricot jam, strain out the fruit pieces before using). Brush the jam or jelly over each Danish, let set for a minute and then serve
The Danishes should be enjoyed the day they are baked
Share it with your friends.