Chicken, Ginger & Coconut Meatballs
Savor this quick and simple meatball recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 4 to 6 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 500 grams chicken mince (or 3 chicken breast roughly diced and processed)
- 1 onion, finely chopped, browned with 1 tablespoon grated garlic and 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 small red chilli, finely diced
- ½ cup brown rice flour, if needed
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon spring onion green section, finely chopped
- Dipping sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce/tamari
- ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, white section, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 teaspoon Honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Herb Salad:
- ½ bunch rocket or baby spinach leaves
- ½ bunch coriander
- ½ bunch mint
- Combine dipping ingredients in a small bowl or jar and mix well, set aside sweet potato.
- In a bowl combine chicken mince, cooked onion mixture, egg, coconut cream, spring onion, fish sauce, coriander and chilli until well combined, adding brown rice flour if needed.
- Roll mixture into meatballs and bake or pan-fry until cooked
- Spoon a portion of green herb salad, top with meatballs, sprinkle with coriander leaves and drizzle with dipping sauce.
Share it with your friends.