Get this quick and easy chicken nuggets recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- Deep Frying
- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- For the Chicken Nuggets:
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned and deboned
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of flour for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 lemon
- For the Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup of mild yellow mustard
- ¼ cup of honey
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, marinate the pieces of chicken with buttermilk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- This will tenderise the chicken.
- Drain and discard the buttermilk.
- In a food processor, combine the marinated chicken, egg, chive, parmesan, soy sauce, garlic, Tabasco, juice of lemon salt and pepper.
- Blend until a smooth paste is formed, about 1 minute.
- Make about 2 inch by 1 inch nuggets, lining them up on a baking tray.
- In a shallow bowl add flour and in a separate bowl the beaten eggs.
- Coat the nuggets in flour, then egg, then panko crumbs and place back on tray.
- Deep fry in small batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Alternately, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet and fry, turning every two minutes for about 10 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Can be made up to 1 day in advance.
Share it with your friends.