Chicken, Seed and Coriander Salad
A quick and easy chicken salad dish by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 30 millilitres fresh lime juice
- ½ cup coriander, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 40 millilitres peanut oil (or vegetable)
- 3 drops of sesame oil
- 1 heaped tsp. brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 head of baby cos lettuce
- 1 handful of pinenuts, toasted
- 1 handful pepitas
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- Green beans:
- Chives, to garnish
- To make the dressing, place lime juice, coriander, ginger, oils and brown sugar in a small blender. And blend until smooth and fragrant.
- Heat a barbecue or griddle to a high heat. Drizzle oil all over chicken thighs then season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken skin-side down for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred and crispy. Turn the heat down to medium and turn chicken. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove the chicken and rest for 5 minutes and roughly chop.
- Arrange the washed baby cos on each plate. In a large bowl, gently toss the chicken, avocado, chives, pine nuts, sesame seeds, pepitas, shallots and the dressing. Arrange the chicken mixture on top of the cos leaves with a touch more dressing.
Share it with your friends.