Chicken Stew with Speck and Olives
A tender chicken stew dish by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 45 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- 4 chicken thighs, skin removed bone in
- 1 onion, sliced
- 150 grams speck or pancetta, cut into lardons
- ½ long green chilli, thinly sliced
- ¼ piece of preserved lemon, pulp removed and skin finely chopped
- ¾ cup of green Sicilian olives
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan add the olive oil and sauté chicken on all side until golden brown. You may need to do this in batches. Now add the onion, speck/pancetta and chilli and cook for 3-4 minutes. Return the chicken and its juices to the pan and then add the wine. Bring to the boil and reduce by half before adding the olives, lemon, rosemary and stock. Place a lid on top and cook for 40 minutes over a low heat or until the meat just starts to fall from the bone. Place the chicken pieces into a platter and then reduce the sauce a little if required. Pour over chicken.
- Serve with couscous, roasted or mashed potatoes.
Share it with your friends.