Chickpea Flatbread with Goat's Curd and Caramelised Onions
Enjoy this simple and healthy recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 40 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for cooking
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- ½ cup cold water
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- Fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, cut finely
- Drizzle pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Goats curd
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl, start to whisk oil and then water into the flour gradually, once completely smooth, add rosemary and season to taste. Whisk in an additional 1 tbsp. olive oil until smooth.
- In a hot pan with a little olive oil, pour batter into pan. Cook on each side for 15-20 min or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Repeat with the rest of the batter mixture.
- To make the caramelised onion, heat olive oil a frying pan over medium heat, add onions and sauté for 15-30mins, drizzle with pomegranate molasses during last 5 minutes, once sticky, take off the heat.
- Spread with goats curd on the flatbread and repeat, layering the flatbreads, and top with the caramelised onion.
Share it with your friends.