Chile Lime Tortilla
Try this quick and easy Mexican recipe by Haylie Duff from Real Girl's Kitchen.
- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 8 servings
- 1 cup masa harina [ground Corn flour]
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Combine the masa harina, lime juice, sriracha, vegetable oil, salt and 2/3 cup water in a small bowl. Mix well with a spoon. As soon as a dough starts to come together, knead with your hands until a soft dough has formed and the ingredients are fully combined. Divide into 8 balls and cover with a damp cloth to keep moist.
- Cut a gallon-size resealable plastic bag along both seams and lay it open on a tortilla press Place a dough ball in the center of the lined press and gently press with even pressure; the tortilla should measure 5 inches
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat Carefully peel the tortilla off the plastic bag and place it in the pan. Cook for 50 seconds on each side. Transfer the cooked tortilla to a plate and cover with a cloth to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining dough. Serve immediately
Share it with your friends.