Chili & Chocolate Beef & Beans
Savor this delicious beef recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1 red chilli, sliced finely
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 500 grams chuck steak, cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 1 x 400 grams can tomatoes, diced
- 250-500 milliliters beef or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 x 400 grams can black beans (or red kidney), drained
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Natural yoghurt
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion to the pan, cook for 1-2 minutes, add garlic and capsicum, cook for 2-3mins. Add in the cumin, paprika, coriander, chilli and cayenne pepper, stir well. Add the beef into the pan and stir until coated with the spices.
- Add tomatoes and enough stock to cover, cover and simmer for 20-30mins until beef is tender. Add cacao and beans to the pan/pot and let cook for 5-10mins.
- Stir through some natural yoghurt and coriander, and serve.
Share it with your friends.