Spice up your meals with this fast and simple prawn recipe by Adrian Richardson from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- Stir Frying
- 2 to 4 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 900 grams large prawns, preferably head-on
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons hot chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 long red chillies , seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, tender inner white bulb only, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- 1 packet hokkien noodles
- Lime, juiced
- Deep fried shallots
- Sesame seeds
- Using scissors, cut down the back shell of each prawn and remove the dark intestinal vein, leaving the shell intact.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add the chilli, garlic, lemongrass and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the prawns, season and the tomato sauce, chilli sauce, sweet chilli sauce, sherry, soy, sesame oil and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the coriander, spring onions and noodles.
- Squeeze lime juice on top, sprinkle some deep fried shallots and sesame seeds, and serve.
Share it with your friends.