Chinese Duck and Potato Stir-fry
A quick stir-fry dish by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- Stir Frying
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 kipfler potatoes, cut rounds
- 1 onions sliced
- 2 duck breast, skin on and thinly sliced
- 4 lap cheong (Chinese sausages), cut into rounds
- 1 bunch snake beans, cut into 4 cm batons
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Korean chilli bean paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup manis
- 150 millilitres light soy sauce
- 150 millilitres Shaoxing wine
- 3 centimeter piece of ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fried shallots
- For the sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat. Add the oil and fry the potatoes for 6-8 minutes, constantly turning so they are golden brown. Now add the onion and lap cheong and fry until the onions are soft.
- Add the duck and fry for a further 2 minutes. Finally add the beans and the capsicum followed by the sauce. Bring sauce to the boil until it is thick and sticky.
Share it with your friends.