Chinese Peanut Cookies
Sweet and savory all in one bite! Enjoy the aroma of the roasted peanuts as this yummy cookie melts away in your mouth.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 60 servings
- 240 g ground peanuts
- 100 g rice flour
- 50 g plain flour
- 60 g caster sugar
- 40 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 160 ml vegetable oil
- 50-60 pcs peanuts, roasted & separated in halves
- 1 egg yolk, for egg wash
- Step1: Preheat the oven:
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Step2: Make the dough:
- Mix rice flour, plain flour, ground peanuts, icing sugar and salt in a mixer bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Step3: Shape the dough:
- Portion into 1-inch mini dough.
- Round each mini dough into a ball and slightly flatten it.
- Step4: Garnish:
- Brush egg wash and top with a peanut.
- Step5: Bake the cookies:
- Place the balls on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes till golden brown.
- Chef's Tips:
- Use a mini ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon to portion the dough equally.
- Peanuts can be substituted with other nuts such as cashew, hazelnut, macadamia, and almonds, just to name a few.
- Keep cookies in air-tight container to maintain their freshness.
Share it with your friends.