Chocolate Almond Energy Gems
Whip up this quick and easy chocolate dessert recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 30 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 1 cup whole almonds, lightly toasted*
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup pitted prunes
- ½ cup 5rolled oats (certified, gluten-free)
- 113 grams unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sesame seeds, cocoa powder or shredded coconut, for coating the gems.
- Pulse the almonds dates, raisins, prunes and oats in a food processor until evenly blended, scraping the bowl if needed. Add the chocolate and cinnamon and pulse until the chocolate works itself in and the mixture comes together (the chocolate may melt a bit as you blend, but that is expected – it helps to bond the mixture together.)
- Use a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon to scoop truffle-sized portions of the mixture and shape into balls between your hands. To coat the energy gems, dip your hands in a little water and roll each gem again (the water helps the coating to adhere) and roll it in the coating of your choice.
- The gems can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, or can be chilled or frozen for a cooling treat.
- To toast almonds, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking tray or pie plate and toast for about 15 minutes, until they brown a little. Cool before using or storing in an airtight container.
Share it with your friends.