Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Enjoy this fast and simple chocolate dessert recipe by Anna Olson from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 3 minutes
- 6 to 8 servings
- 198 grams pitted Medjool dates (about 10)
- ¾ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup 5Virgin coconut oil
- 1 400 milliliters tin good quality coconut milk, refrigerated for at least 4 hours
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh raspberries or strawberry halves, for décor
- Pour boiling water over the dates and let them soak while you are preparing the cocoa.
- Whisk the cocoa power and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until the oil has melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Do not shake the tin of coconut milk, but open it and spoon off the coconut cream (it will be thick) into a bowl and chill it. Measure out ½ cup (125 mL) of the coconut milk and set aside.
- Add the dates plus 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the soaking water into the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Cut each avocado in half and scoop them into the food processor, pureeing again until smooth. Add the cocoa mixture, the ½ cup (125 mL) of coconut milk, vanilla and salt and puree until smooth. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the chilled coconut cream until it is fluffy and firm like whipped cream. Fold in all but 1/3 cup (80 mL) of the whipped coconut cream into the chocolate mixture. Spoon or pipe the mousse into serving glasses and top each with a little of the reserved coconut cream. Top each dessert with a fresh raspberries or strawberries and chill at least an hour before serving.
Share it with your friends.