A pretty yet edible chocolate basket by Trish McKenzie from Everyday Gourmet
- 35 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 200 grams CADBURY Dark, Milk or White Chocolate Melts
- 2 cups whipped cream or 4 scoops of ice-cream
- 375 grams berries, for serving
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe plastic bowl on 50% power. Begin with 20 second bursts then reduce to shorter bursts as the chocolate melts, stirring well between each burst of power. Only microwave until 75% of the chocolate has melted. The rest will melt as you stir it. Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of the melted chocolate onto a lined tray to make a small disc approx 5cm round as the base for the baskets. Repeat to make 4 bases.
- Partly inflate 4 balloons to the size of a small orange. Lower just the bottom section of each balloon into the melted milk chocolate to coat the position onto the prepared bases. Allow to set at room temperature. When chocolate is firm, pop, remove and discard balloons. Store in an airtight container until required.
- Place a chocolate cup onto each serving plate. Fill with a little whipped cream or ice-cream then top with berries. Serve immediately.
Share it with your friends.