Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
Get this quick and easy dessert recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Yummy Desserts.
- 45 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 4 servings
- 8 small Croissants
- 300 millilitres Whipping cream
- 200 millilitres Milk
- 50 grams Caster sugar
- 200 grams Dark chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- Slice the croissants in half lengthwise. Layer them in the baking dish
- Heat up the cream, milk and caster sugar in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Remove from the stove before it boils. Add the chocolate and stir to melt
- Beat the eggs lightly, then slowly add in the chocolate cream mixture. Mix evenly then pour this over the croissants. Try to make sure all the croissants are coated with the chocolate mixture
- Let the croissants soak in the custard for 30 minutes before baking in a 160C oven, in a roasting tin filled with warm water. Bake for 40 minutes
Share it with your friends.